- Ambition, Opportunities, and the Ongoing Work of Social Justice. Issue 49 (December 2019)
On the "ambition" COP that wasn't, (missed) opportunities, the people power that gives us a bit of hope and optimism, and integrated, eco-social policies to support the work of building an equitable, liveable future for all. Check out our three new climate justice publications, and the capstone think piece to our series Overcoming Inequalities in a Fractured World: Between Elite Power and Social Mobilization.
- Harnessing the Winds of (Progressive Social) Change. Issue 48 (October 2019)
An UNRISD eBulletin about open vacancies (in Bonn and Geneva) and promotions (of Senior Research Associates); about event briefs (on inequalities and SSE) and a whole slew of future events; about working papers (on sustainable development indicators) and videos (on transformative adaptation to climate change in coastal cities).
- Shifting Landscapes, Gathering Evidence. Issue 47 (August 2019)
Research uptake features strongly in this eBulletin, in the form of an upcoming conference as well as contributions to learning initiatives and publications. Otherwise papers on inequalities sit alongside a new Knowledge Hub on SSE for the SDGs - and much more!
- Building and Delivering Southern Knowledge, Strengthening Sustainable Development. Issue 46 (May 2019)
Where and how UNRISD is helping build research strength to feed the knowledge economy in the global South and leave no one behind; and how UNRISD brings often marginalized Southern knowledge into the global debate: this is what's behind many contributions in this edition of the eBulletin. Topics include the social and solidarity economy, and new research on the social dimensions of climate change.
- The Impact Factor. Issue 45 (March 2019)
Research impact is the red thread running through this eBulletin, from success in unusual places to three major events on the social and solidarity economy in June which we should engage across the research-practice boundary.
- Insights on Inequalities: Focus on SDG10. Issue 44 (January 2019)
There's an inequalities theme to this edition of the eBulletin across ongoing and new research activities, in line with this year's focus on SDG 10 which is under review at the HLPF in July.
- Powering through the Research Cycle. Issue 43 (December 2018)
Looking back on a host of events from different parts of the research cycle on blockchain, adaptation to climate change, inequalities and elites, and life along the copper value chain; and looking forward to a successful 2019!
- Elite Power, Street Power. Issue 42 (October 2018)
Our major international conference on inequalities, elite power and social mobilization is the main focus of this eBulletin, as well as a slew of other events in Geneva coming up. It's also back to UNRISD's roots with a new project on indicators for sustainable development.
- From Global to Local; From UNRISD to You. Issue 41 (August 2018)
Cities and transformative change is the theme running through this edition of the eBulletin, as well as social and solidarity economy (SSE) in many forms: call for papers, recruiting SSE specialists, and the Overview of our latest research results on SSE in cities, in the shape of a publication, a launch event at the HLPF and a video of the presentations made there.
- When Ideas Meet Power... Issue 40 (May 2018)
Including news about the response to our Call for Papers Overcoming Inequalities in a Fractured World: Between Elite Power and Social Mobilization, new research on social and solidarity economy (SSE) and the SDGs, and highlighting a number of events where UNRISD research is working hard to assist policy makers in their decision making.
- Beginnings and Endings. Or, What Goes Around Comes Around. Issue 39 (March 2018)
Our Call for Papers is open: Overcoming Inequalities in a Fractured World: Between Elite Power and Social Mobilization; and we showcase our newest research streams.
- Breaking New Ground in 2018. Issue 38 (January 2018)
Announcing a new UNRISD international conference to be held at the end of the year on inequalities, elite power and social mobilization, as well as progress with our new project ideas.
- Going Far Together: Partnerships, Publications and Politics. Issue 37 (November 2017)
Featuring UNRISD's biggest event of the year, three calls for collaboration, and interviews on radio, podcast and Facebook live, as well as the usual round-up of publications and events on inclusive policies and politics.
- Messages from the Other Side: Communicating Across Silos. Issue 36 (September 2017)
This eBulletin has a focus on bringing related research and policy communities closer together to help produce more integrated development solutions, whether the cross-cutting Flagship Report or Linking Resilience Thinking and Transformative Change.
- The Rhythm of Change: New Research, New Faces: Issue 35 (July 2017)
A new project on SSE and migration in Europe and new researchers at UNRISD feature in this eBulletin, as well as reflections on progress in SDG implementation on the occasion of the High-Level Political Forum, responsible for follow-up on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Transitions and Transformations in Policy Dialogues and in Research Findings: Issue 34 (May 2017)
Dialogues bringing research findings to policy makers feature strongly in this eBulletin; we have new research on operationalizing transformative change for children, and the findings from our major project on pathways to universal health care in emerging economies have been published.
- Innovation and Implementing the SDGs; Innovaciones políticas para el cambio transformador - Flagship Report Overview in Spanish: Issue 33 (March 2017)
We liked our first Twitter poll so much, we decided to do another one! Otherwise a focus on implementation of the SDGs; publications on mobilizing domestic resources, cooperatives, education policies in India, and global trends, and upcoming events on the energy transition, and inclusive development.
- Taking the 2016 Flagship Report on the Road; Policy Innovations for Transformative Change: Issue 32 (January 2017)
The 2016 Flagship Report is premiered in Germany and presented at the Commission for Social Development in New York; and featuring our very first Twitter poll.
- 2016 Flagship Report Published; Policy Innovations for Transformative Change: Issue 31 (November 2016)
Access the newly published Report, and the video of the launch event and the rapidly expanding blog series The Transformation Conversation, as well as the usual round-up of recent news, events and publications. And try some bibliotherapy for progressives to deal with the results of the US presidential election.
- Some Good News from UNRISD; and Save the Date for Flagship Report Launch: Issue 30 (September 2016)
Featuring the launch of the new blog series "The Transformation Conversation" centred on the forthcoming Flagship Report "Policy Innovations for Transformative Change", as well as the usual round-up of recent news, events and publications.
- UNRISD Flagship Report 2016: Take Part in our Pre-Publication Consultation! Report Previewed at HLPF in New York; New Publications: Issue 29 (July 2016)
New videos and podcasts of our events; Papers on domestic resource mobilization and women's claims making.
- Add Your Signature to Support UNRISD; Join Us for Basic Income Discussion; Coming Soon: Launch of our Flagship Report: Issue 28 (May 2016)
Other highlights include new briefs on women's rights; and videos and podcasts from recent events.
- SDGs and the UNRISD Strategy, Upcoming Events, Topical Blog Posts: Issue 27 (February 2016)
Other highlights include new briefs, papers and videos.
- Director's Blog; UNRISD's Work on Gender; Looking at COP21: Issue 26 (December 2015)
Other highlights include new briefs and papers; new videos, including a playlist from the launch event of the Social Protection and Human Rights platform; and new think pieces from the Road to Addis series.
- Road to Addis and Beyond; New Director Appointed: Issue 25 (September 2015)
Highlights include the launch of the social protection website; and new videos, briefs and papers.
- Sarah Cook Bids Farewell to UNRISD; UNRISD Classics; Events on Gender, Social Protection: Issue 24 (June 2015)
Other highlights include the launch of the Road to Addis series; new papers and videos.
- UNRISD Work on Gender and Development, New Publications, and Side Events at the UN: Issue 23 (April 2015)
Other highlights inlcude upcoming events: the launch of UNRISD Classics and a seminar on women's role in forestry governance; and a new series of think pieces on women's rights.
- Message from Sarah Cook, UNRISD Contributions to Beijing+20, New Papers, Vacancies: Issue no. 22 (January 2015)
Other highlights include the announcement of Sarah Cook leaving, and UNRISD side events at the Commission for Social Development and an upcoming seminar by Gita Sen.
- Maximizing Impact of Research on SSE and Gender; Young Scholars Think Piece Series Runners Up; UNRISD Seminars: Issue 21 (November 2014)
Other highlights include publications by UNRISD researchers; new UNRISD Twitter account for publications; and new think pieces for the Linking Social Protection and Human Rights platform.
- A Time of Transitions and Opportunities; Call for Expressions of Interest: New Directions in Social Policy; New Publications: Issue 20 (September 2014)
Other highlights include new vacancies; the four winning Young Scholars think pieces; and a new video and podcast from an UNRISD Seminar.
- Linking Social Protection and Human Rights; Post-2015 Development Agenda; New Directions in Social Policy: Issue 19 (June 2014)
Highlights include a new web platform, Linking Social Protection and Human Rights; UNRISD Seminars; new publications; and UNRISD contributions to the Post-2015 Development Agenda.
- Latest UNRISD Engagement with UN Post-2015 Development Agenda; New Occasional Paper Series on SSE; Gender Programme Set to Expand: Issue 18 (April 2014)
Other highlights include 3 policy briefs and 11 papers from our projects; a new series of commentaries linking social protection and human rights; podcasts and videos from our recent events; and an update on the response to our Young Scholars Think Piece Series
- Greetings from the Director; UN Inter-Agency Task Force on SSE; New Project Briefs: Issue 17 (January 2014)
Highlights include a message from UNRISD Director looking back at our 50th anniversary year and our new research; new project briefs, including three country case studies from the project on domestic resource mobilization; and UNRISD taking over as acting secretariat for the Task Force on SSE.
- UNRISD Research Programme on Gender Expands; Interview with Shahra Razavi; New Publications: Issue 16 (October 2013)
Highlights include UNRISD's work on the gender dimensions of development; an interview with Shahra Razavi; a call for expressions of interest for the project on Politics of Domestic Resource Mobilization; and new publications.
- Politics of Domestic Resource Mobilization; UNRISD Seminar Series: Issue 15 (June 2013)
Highlights include the workshop and call for expressions of interest for the project on Politics of Domestic Resource Mobilization, and podcasts and videos from UNRISD events, in particular the UNRISD Seminar Series.
- Special Edition: UNRISD Conference on Social and Solidarity Economy (May 2013)
This is a special edition on the UNRISD Conference on Potential and Limits of Social and Solidarity Economy, held on 6-8 May 2013.
- UNRISD Work on Social and Solidarity Economy Gains Momentum: Issue 14 (February 2013)
Highlights include UNRISD work on Social and Solidarity Economy, including the international conference to be held in May 2013, upcoming UNRISD seminars and a new series of Beyond 2015 briefs.
- 50 Years of Research for Social Change—UNRISD 1963-2013: Issue 13 (January 2013)
Highlights include a message from Sarah Cook as UNRISD turns 50, videos of presentations and interviews of participants at our events, and details of the UNRISD's presence at the Commission for Social Development.
- Mineral Rents and the Financing of Social Policy; Social Security; Migration and Health: Issue 12 (December 2012)
Highlights include UNRISD events on mineral rents and the financing of social policy, social security, and migration and health in China; and new briefs on mineral rents and universal security.
- Social and Solidarity Economy; 3 New Policy Briefs (Inequality; Gender; & Korea's Development Experience); and More: Issue 11 (October 2012)
Highlights inlcude a call for papers and a project brief on Social and Solidarity Economy; three new policy briefs on inequality, gender and Korea's development experience; and interviews on women in agriculture in India and Zimbabwe.
- Issue no. 10: Gender and Global Crises; Reflections on Rio+20 (July 2012)
Highlights include an interview with Devaki Jain, a feminist economist; reflections on Rio+20; and recordings from the UNRISD seminar on Gender and Global Crises.
- Issue 9: Counting down to Rio+20 (May 2012)
Highlights include UNRISD at Rio+20, Occasional papers and think pieces on the social dimensions of green economy and sustainable development and papers on gender and employment.
- Issue 8: Women’s rights in Pakistan and postcards to Rio+20 (March 2012)
Highlights include an interview with Farida Shaheed on women's rights in Pakistan, and think pieces and papers on the social dimensions of the green economy.
- Issue 7 (December 2011)
Highlights include an article on citizens' protests worldwide, an interview with Shufang Zhang on migration and health in China, a critique of the World Development Report 2012 and think pieces on the Social Dimensions of Green Economy.
- Issue 6 (September 2011)
Highlights include a new series of think pieces on the Social Dimensions of Green Economy, an interview with Laura Rival on ethnobiology, and podcasts on using legislation to fight racial discrimination and challenges for the green economy in Latin America.
- Issue 5 (June 2011)
Highlights of the issue include articles on sustainable financing for social policy, Tunisian women's rights, the future of social policy, and rebuilding Côte d'Ivoire; and an interview with Parvati Raghuram, co-author of an UNRISD paper on care and migration.
- Issue No. 4 (March 2011)
Highlights of the issue include an article on the "Arab spring", UNRISD comments on the "Protect, Respect and Remedy" Framework for Business and Human Rights, and an interview with Latin American researcher, Enrique Peruzzotti.
- Issue No. 3 (January 2011)
Highlights of the issue include a New Year message from the Director, Sarah Cook; a brief report on the Development Forum for the G20 in November; and reactions to UNRISD’s flagship report, Combating Poverty and Inequality.
- Issue No. 2 (September 2010)
Highlights of the issue include the launch of UNRISD’s flagship report, Combating Poverty and Inequality, the Development Forum for the G20 and an interview with UNRISD Research Coordinator coordinating the Development Forum, Ilcheong Yi.
- Issue No. 1 (June 2010)
Highlights of the issue include an introductory message from the UNRISD Director, Sarah Cook, UNRISD Conference on the Social and Political Dimensions of the Global Crisis and UNRISD's work on a resolution on social integration adopted by the UN Commission for Social Development .