UNRISD is now accepting applications for an intern to assist two projects in the area of Social Policy and Development: Making International Development Cooperation Effective, and Transformative Social Policy Regimes in Emerging Economies. Eligible candidates must be currently enrolled in a master’s or PhD degree programme (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns) in the social sciences, and have academic and professional experience in issues related to development.
UNRISD is now accepting applications for a three-month internship position for the Social Policies for Inclusive Development projects titled Making International Development Cooperation Effective and Transformative Social Policy Regimes in Emerging Economies Project. The internship is offered as a support role for the Research Coordinator and Research Analyst on the projects.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s or PhD degree programme (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns) in the social sciences (Social Policy is desirable)
- Knowledge of research in social policies
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential
- Proficiency in MS Office package
The deadline for applications is 29 February 2012 (Midnight, Central European Time).
- Administrative tasks (editing, document management, photocopying, assistance with workshop preparation) as required.
- Supporting the Research Coordinator and Research Analyst.
The internship will be three months in length, between March and June 2011 with a possibility of extension. The exact start date is negotiable.
If you are interested in the work elaborated above and have the corresponding qualifications, please apply online by clicking the button below and clearly specify your qualifications. Please note that due to limited staff resources only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme, this internship is not financially remunerated. UNRISD is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for their medical insurance for the period of assignment.
Information on vacancies at the Institute is posted on this website. We encourage you to subscribe to our free email alerts service to be informed promptly of any openings.