UNRISD is now accepting applications for a three-month internship, to begin in March 2013, for the research project on Politics of Domestic Resource Mobilization for Social Development (PDRM).
- Eligible candidates must be currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD degree programme (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns) in economics, sociology, political science or a related field from an accredited university and have academic and professional experience in issues related to resource mobilization and public finance in developing countries;
- Written and spoken fluency in English are essential;
- We are especially interested in candidates with a strong expertise in comparative methodology and the politics of financing social development in developing countries.
While at UNRISD, the intern will be asked to:
- assist in the preparation of a methodology workshop;
- provide research assistance for the PDRM project;
- conduct library and Internet searches, and assist with editing and formatting of publications;
- contribute to daily tasks related to project management, fundraising activities, external relations, or event organization;
- produce a short draft paper, literature review, article or another similar output, on a subject related to the PDRM project.
- The internship is from March to May 2013, with a possibility of extension. The exact start date is negotiable.
- In accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme, this internship is not financially remunerated.
- UNRISD is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for their medical insurance for the period of assignment.
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in this position, please apply online by clicking the button below. Please, use the "motivation" section to submit a cover letter specifying your interests and qualifications. Kindly note that, due to limited staff resources, only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, 12 February 2013 (Midnight, Central European Time)
Information on vacancies at the Institute is posted on this Web site. We encourage you to subscribe to our free email alerts service to be informed promptly of any openings.