UNRISD is now accepting applications for a three-month internship position, beginning in October 2012, in the Social Policy and Development Programme (SPD).
- Eligible candidates must be currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD degree programme (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns) in economics, sociology, political science or a related field from an accredited university and have academic and professional experience in issues related to social development.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential.
- We are especially interested in candidates with a strong expertise in migration (in particular related to social policy/governance/regional integration) in developing countries.
While at UNRISD, the intern will be asked to:
- assist in the preparation of an international conference on “Regional Governance of Migration”, which will be held in Geneva in mid-January 2013;
- provide research assistance in the area of South-South migration and social development;
- conduct library and Internet searches, and assist with editing and formatting of publications;
- contribute to ongoing working tasks related to project management, fundraising, external relations, or event organization;
- produce a short draft paper, literature review, article or another similar output, on a subject related to the research agenda of the social policy programme.
- The internship is from October to December 2012, with a possibility of extension. The exact start date is negotiable.
- In accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme, this internship is not financially remunerated.
- UNRISD is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for their medical insurance for the period of assignment.
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in this position, please apply online by clicking the button below. Please, use the "motivation" section to submit a cover letter specifying your interests and qualifications. Kindly note that, due to limited staff resources, only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday, 25 September 2012 (Midnight, Central European Time)
Information on vacancies at the Institute is posted on this Web site. We encourage you to subscribe to our free email alerts service to be informed promptly of any openings.