The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals are a global commitment to “transforming our world” and eradicating poverty in all its forms everywhere. The challenge now is to put this vision into action. How can this be achieved? At this event, panellists will provide some answers to this question, by exploring how innovative policies that integrate social, environmental and economic aspects can lead to inclusive societies that leave no one behind.
With the participation of:
- Michael Møller, Director-General, United Nations Office at Geneva [Remarks]
- Dr. David Nabarro, UN Secretary-General's Special Adviser on the 2030 Agenda [Video message]
- Valentin Zellweger, Swiss Ambassador to the United Nations Office and other international organizations in Geneva
- Katja Hujo, Senior Research Coordinator and Flagship Report coordinator, UNRISD
- Isabel Ortiz, Director of the Social Protection Department, International Labour Organization
- Constanza Martinez, Senior Advisor UN Representative, World Vision International
Moderated by Paul Ladd, UNRISD Director
The Flagship Report
The event is the Geneva launch of the UNRISD 2016 Flagship Report “Policy Innovations for Transformative Change”.
Drawing on numerous policy innovations from the South, the report goes beyond buzzwords and brings to the development community a definition of transformation which can be used as a benchmark for policy making towards the 2030 Agenda. Bringing together five years of UNRISD research across six areas— social policy, care policy, social and solidarity economy, eco-social policy, domestic resource mobilization, and politics and governance—the report explores what transformative change really means for societies and individuals.
International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
The launch is taking place on the occasion of the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
and forms part of the United Nations Office at Geneva’s official programme to mark this important day in the calendar of the international development community.