Social and solidarity economy will be the topic of a panel discussion taking place at the United Nations in New York today, 22 September 2014. The event will be livestreamed on UN WebTV
from 16:00 to 18:00 (EDT; GMT-5).
The International Leading Group on Social and Solidarity Economy is meeting on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in New York today to consider how to foster SSE through the implementation of public policies, as well as issues around the financing of social and solidarity enterprises.
The Leading Group is a platform comprising representatives of states, cities and territories (Colombia, Ecuador, France, Luxembourg and Morocco, with Quebec as an observer); international institutions via the UN Inter-Agency Task Force on SSE (of which UNRISD is a founding member); and civil society organizations.
Today's event is co-organized by the Permanent Mission of France and The Mont-Blanc Meetings (International Forum of Social and Solidarity Economy Entrepreneurs).
Watch the live webcast at http://webtv.un.org/live
Follow the presentations on Twitter, @montblancforum
, or the hashtags #SSE and #leadinggroup
- Thierry Jeantet, President of The Mont-Blanc Meetings (MBM) – International Forum of the Social and Solidarity Economy Entrepreneurs
- Ecuador – Mr. Pavel Muñoz, National Secretary of Planning and Development (SENPLADES) or Mrs. Betty Tola Bermeo, Minister of Social and Economic Inclusion or Mrs. Cecilia Vaca Jones, Minister Coordinator of Social Development
- France – Annick Girardin, Minister of State for Development and Francophony
- Luxembourg – Jean-Claude Knebeler, Consul General of Luxembourg
- Morocco – Fatema Marouane, Minister of Handicrafts, Social and Solidarity Economy
- Quebec – Stéphane Fallecker, Director p.i. of Economic Affairs, General Delegation of Quebec in New York
- Vinicius Pinheiro, Deputy Director of the New York Office, International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Wenyan Yang, Chief of the Social Perspective on Development Branch, United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs(UN-DESA)
- Martin Lowery, Board Member, International Cooperative Alliance
- Anna Maria Silva Marques, Vice-President, International Association of Mutuality
- Abdou Salam Fall, President of the MBM Scientific Committee, Director of the Laboratory for Research on International Economic and Social Transformations in Dakar
- Gérald Larose, Board Member of MBM, Director of Caisse d’économie solidaire Desjardins