Under the research programme on Gender and Development, the United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) conducts projects that examine the relationship between gender and social development. UNRISD requires a Research Analyst to work with the Gender and Development Research Coordinator, Shahra Razavi, on the ongoing research project, The Political and Social Economy of Care
, and provide support to the Gender and Development research team working on Religion, Politics and Gender Equality
. The post combines research and administrative tasks.
- Specific duties of the post will vary as project needs dictate but are likely to include the following:
- Research: provide detailed comments and feedback on draft research reports; assist in editing research papers and preparing them for publication; conduct library and Internet searches; assist in the drafting of new research proposals; author/co-author at least one publication.
- Project management: maintain contacts with gender research networks and relevant international organizations; maintain UNRISD gender mailing list; update the gender Endnote database.
- Event organization: assist in organizing workshops and conferences.
- Web site management: update and maintain the information posted on the UNRISD web site about the gender projects.
- Master’s degree in a social science, development studies or related area, with a specialization in gender and development, preferably with an interest in the care economy.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Good working knowledge of French or Spanish is desirable.
- An ability to multi-task and adapt to changing circumstances.
For more information or to apply, please click here