UNRISD is now accepting applications for an internship position, under the supervision of the Deputy Director, in the area of Social and Solidarity Economy.
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD degree programme in the social sciences;
- Good understanding of social economy, sustainable development and social movements issues;
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken fluency in English and experience in editing English texts; good working knowledge of French and Spanish desirable;
- Proficiency in MS Office package.
- Follow-up activities related to the 6-8 May 2013 UNRISD conference on the Potential and Limits of Social and Solidarity Economy, These are likely to include assisting with editing, preparing publications, updating the website, serving as a communications focal point and other tasks.
- Conducting background research on social and solidarity economy issues;
- Identifying governmental, intergovernmental and civil society actors and networks supporting social and solidarity economy initiatives and informing them of the outcomes of the UNRISD project on the Potential and Limits of Social and Solidarity Economy;
The deadline for applications is 22 April 2013. The internship will be ideally for three to four months, starting mid-June 2013.
If you are interested in the work elaborated above and have the corresponding qualifications, please apply online by clicking the button below and clearly specify your qualifications. Please note that due to limited staff resources only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme, this internship is not financially remunerated. UNRISD is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for their medical insurance for the period of assignment.
Information on vacancies at the Institute is posted on this website. We encourage you to subscribe to our free email alerts service to be informed promptly of any openings.