- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or PhD degree programme (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns) in the social sciences;
- Good understanding of social economy, sustainable development and social movements issues;
- Excellent communication skills including written and spoken fluency in English; good working knowledge of French and Spanish desirable;
- Proficiency in MS Office package.
- Conduct a literature review on social and solidarity economy with the aim of identifying key scholars, research programmes and debates within this field;
- Identify governmental and intergovernmental policies and programmes supporting social and solidarity economy initiatives;
- Identify key civil society networks and social movements working in this field.
The deadline for applications is 1 July 2012 (Midnight, Central European Time). The internship will be ideally for three to four months, starting around mid-September 2012, with a possibility of extension.
If you are interested in the work elaborated above and have the corresponding qualifications, please apply online by clicking the button below and clearly specify your qualifications. Please note that due to limited staff resources only those candidates who are short-listed will be contacted.
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme, this internship is not financially remunerated. UNRISD is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for their medical insurance for the period of assignment.
Information on vacancies at the Institute is posted on this website. We encourage you to subscribe to our free email alerts service to be informed promptly of any openings.