Megan Gerecke collaborated with UNRISD for the project Social Policies in Small States from 2010 to 2013.
Prior to joining UNRISD, Megan worked as a research officer at the International Labour Organization in Geneva and as a research assistant at the McGill Institute for Health and Social Policy in Montreal. Her work has focused on social policy, income inequality, gender and life-work balance.
Megan has an MA in Political Science from McGill University, Canada.
- “Social security spending in times of crisis”, (with N. Prasad) Global Social Policy, 10(2): pp. 218-247, 2010.
- “Paid health and family leave: The Canadian experience in the global context”, (with J. Heymann and M. Chaussard), Canadian Journal of Public Health, 101(7): pp. S9-S15, 2010.
- “Explaining sexual violence in conflict situations.” In L, Sjoberg and S. Via (eds.) Gender, War, and Militarism: Feminist Perspectives. Praeger Security International, New York, 2010.
- “L’Indice Travail et Équité Canada : comment se porte le Québec par rapport au reste du `monde?” (with J. Heymann and M. Chaussard), Regards sur le travail (Quebec Ministry of Labour), 6(1) : pp. 30-34, 2009.
- The Work Equity Canada Index (with J. Heymann and M. Chaussard), Montreal, McGill Institute for Health and Social Policy, 2008.