Lijie Fang is a collaborating researcher in the New Directions in Social Policy project. At the time of her collaboration, she was at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
She is an Associate Professor at the Department of Social Policy, Institute of Sociology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences. She’s also the Secretary of Chinese Association of Social Policy Research. She received her PhD of Sociology in the Department of Sociology, Renmin University of China. She worked as a two-year post-doctor fellow in Tsinghua University of China during 2008-2010, and as a visiting Ford Foundation Fellow at the Asia Research Centre, London School of Economics and Political Science from 2013-2014.
Her research is mainly focused on health policy, elderly service, community development, and welfare regime. She’s the author of Annual Health Report of China, which is a regular chapter of The Blue Book of China’s Society, in the past four years (2012-2015).
She has been a consultant in the departments of Ministry of Health and Ministry of Civil Affairs of the Central Government in China. She is currently conducting, at the request of the local government, some pilot projects on community development.
She is a co-organizer of a comparative study network "Social Policy in Greater China", which is composed of seven universities and institutes from mainland China, Taiwan and Hong Kong; as well as an initiator and organizer of the China Alliance of Local Innovation, in which 8 county governments of China, their social organization partners, and many researchers are working together to improve the local innovation of social policy. She is also the co-director of the "Social Policy Review", a by-annual book series of China.
Selected Recent Publications:
- Annual Report of Health Development of China 2015,The Blue Book of China’s Society; Social Sciences Academic Press (China), 2015;
- Understanding the Long-term Care Policy Scheme of Current China, Journal of Beijing University of Technology (Social Sciences Edition), No. 5,2015;
- Annual Report of Health Development of China 2014,The Blue Book of China’s Society; Social Sciences Academic Press (China), 2014;
- The Formation Process of Institutional Trust of New Cooperative Medical Scheme of Rural China, Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (CHINA), 2014;
- Annual Report of Health Development of China 2013,The Blue Book of China’s Society; Social Sciences Academic Press (China), 2013;
- The Welfare Model? A Case Study of a County in China, Academic Journal of China Renmin University, No.6, 2013;
- Doctor-Patient Trust in the Transition of Rural Society: A Study on two villages in central China. Sociology Studies (China), No.2, 2013
- Annual Report of Health Development of China 2012, The Blue Book of China’s Society, Social Sciences Academic Press (China), 2012;
- From Disease Treatment to Health Protection: the Transition of Health Service Model in Aging Society. Social Work (China), No3, 2012;
- Clipped between Administration Control and Market: the Salary System of Public Hospital in China. Health Policy Study of China, No 12, 2011;
- Long-Term Care for the Aged: An Introduction, second author, Social Science Academic Press(China), 2010;
- The Rural Health Protection of China: Agenda-Setting of NCMS and MSA, (both in Chinese and English) second author, China Health Policy, edited by Guo Yan and Vivian Lin. Medical Press of Peking University, 2010.