This project was concerned with an evaluation of the role of co-operatives and other rural institutions as instruments for the introduction and management of planned change. Experiences in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Middle East were studied to determine if the European-style co-operative would be successful in the developing world.
Publications – Books
- A Review of Rural Co-operation in Developing Areas, T. Carrol, G. Etienne, X. Flores and J. von Muralt, UNRISD, 1969
- Co-operatives and Rural Development in Latin America: An analytic report, Orlando Fals Borda, UNRISD, 1971
- Rural Co-operatives and Planned Change in Africa: Case materials, Raymond Apthorpe, UNRISD, 1970
- Rural Co-operatives and Planned Change in Africa: An analytical overview, Raymond Apthorpe, UNRISD, 1972
- Co-operatives and Planned Change in Asian Rural Communities: Case studies and diaries, Inayatullah (ed.), UNRISD, 1970
- Co-operatives and Development in Asia: A study of co-operatives in fourteen rural communities of Iran, Pakistan and Ceylon, Inayatullah, UNRISD, 1972
- Rural Co-operatives as Agents of Change: A research report and a debate, UNRISD, 1975
- Estudios de la realidad campesina: Cooperación y cambio. Informes y materials de campo recogidos en Venezuela, Ecuador y Colombia.