The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is an autonomous research institute within the UN system that undertakes interdisciplinary research and policy analysis on the social dimensions of contemporary development issues. Through our work, we aim to ensure that social equity, inclusion and justice are central to development thinking, policy and practice.
UNRISD is now accepting applications for an internship position in Geneva, on a full-time or part-time basis, starting in September 2018, to assist the Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) team.
While at UNRISD, the intern will:
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Provide research assistance for the development of a new project on sustainable development value indicators, and for ongoing work on Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals: What Role for Social and Solidarity Economy? Research assistance may also be provided for other related projects, as required.
- Assist with a systematic literature review and other research tasks, including copyediting, proofreading and formatting manuscripts prior to publication.
- Contribute to day-to-day work related to project management, fundraising, external relations, meetings and event organization.
This UNRISD internship is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme.
- The applicant should be pursuing, or have completed, a degree in public policy, development studies, anthropology, sociology, political science, economics, or a related field at an accredited university.
- Good knowledge of SSE, sustainable development and the 2030 Agenda.
- Good knowledge of social value and social impact assessment and indicators
- Excellent command of the English language; copy editing and proofreading is essential.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and take initiative.
- Capacity to work in a team.
- At the time of application, applicants must meet one of the following requirements (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns):
(i) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(ii) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(iii) have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (i) and (ii) above) and, if selected, commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
The deadline for applications is 2 September 2018 (23:59 Central European Time)
- Interns are not financially remunerated.
- UNRISD is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for mandatory medical insurance during the period of the internship.
. The internship is in Geneva, Switzerland, and will commence in September 2018 (to be mutually agreed). The usual duration of the internship is three months, with the possibility of extension up to six months.
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in this position, please apply online by clicking the button below.
Kindly note that, due to limited staff resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
UNRISD vacancies are posted at www.unrisd.org/vacancies. We encourage you to subscribe to our free email alerts service to be informed promptly of any openings.